Essential oil safety is so very important.
Please follow the following tips and guidelines as you learn the proper use and common sense practices of using Essential Oils for you Health and Wellness.
Do not put oils in eyes, ears, or up nose!
- If you get oil in your eye, apply 1-2 drops of carrier oil to the eye to ease the burning. Do not use water!!
- Citrus oils can cause photo-sensitivity (this means your skin may and will burn when exposed to UV light). Do not apply to exposed skin prior to being in the sun.
- Please reference oil/drug interactions in the books. Caution for epilepsy.
- Always use glass containers, not plastic, with your oils.
- Apply a small amount of oil to your skin to test for a skin reaction before using.
- Should you have irritation, redness, itching, or burning, apply a carrier oil (coconut oil, olive oil, or a natural vegetable based oil) to the area to dilute the essential oil and stop the sensation. DO NOT USE WATER!!
- Be sure to read labels prior to ingestion. Some oils should not be taken internally.
- Typical application is 1 drop or less for most applications. It is important to remember that therapeutic grade essential oils are highly concentrated plant extracts and should be used with reasonable care.
- To improve absorption, slow evaporation, allow for the distribution of oils over a greater area, and prevent skin sensitivity it is recommended to use a carrier oil with all oils.
- Please consult a physician when using with medications of if you have any health concerns.
- For dilution see below chart.
Have you attended one of our Workshops or Make-N-Take Classes? You can join us onsite or online and we are always excited when you refer and recommend us to your friends. Schedule of Workshops
If you have a question or would like to schedule and FREE Personal Consultation, please contact me directly. CONTACT US DIRECT