Lavender (Lavandula angustifolia)
Lavender is often considered a must-have oil to keep on hand at all times due to its versatile uses, including calming and relaxing properties that promote peaceful sleep and ease feelings of tension.*
Lavender has been used and cherished for centuries for its unmistakable aroma and myriad benefits. In ancient times, the Egyptians and Romans used Lavender for bathing, relaxation, cooking, and as a perfume; it is widely used for its calming and relaxing qualities which continue to be Lavender’s most notable qualities. Lavender is frequently used to reduce the appearance of skin imperfections. Add to bath water to soak away stress or apply to the temples and the back of the neck. Add a few drops of Lavender to pillows, bedding, or bottoms of feet to promote a restful night’s sleep. Due to Lavender’s versatile properties, it is considered the must-have oil to have on hand at all times.
- Add a few drops of Lavender to pillows, bedding, or bottoms of feet at bedtime.
- Keep a bottle of Lavender on hand to soothe occasional skin irritations.
- Freshen your linen closet, mattress, car, or the air by combining Lavender with water in a spray bottle.
- Take internally to reduce anxious feelings.*
- Use in cooking to soften citrus flavors and add a flavorful twist to marinades, baked goods, and desserts.
Directions for Use
Diffusion: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of your choice.
Internal use: Dilute one drop in 4 fl. oz. of liquid.
Topical use: Apply one to two drops to desired area. Dilute with Fractionated Coconut Oil to minimize any skin sensitivity. See additional precautions below.
- Soothes occasional skin irritations
- Taken internally, Lavender reduces anxious feelings and promotes peaceful sleep*
- Helps ease feelings of tension.*
- Lavender reduces the appearance of skin imperfections.
- Add a few drops of Lavender to pillows, bedding, or the bottoms of feet to prepare for a restful night’s sleep.
- Freshen your linen closet, mattress, car, or the air with a light mist of Lavender combined with water in a spray bottle.
- Add Lavender to bath water to soak away stress, or apply it to the temples and the back of the neck.
- Use it in cooking to soften citrus flavors and add a flavorful twist to marinades, baked goods, and desserts.
- Lavender makes a great addition to any hair treatment, shampoo, or conditioner.
- It can help keep the scalp looking clean and healthy.
- It helps to keep hair looking thick and healthy.
- It may support the heart and cardiovascular system.*
- It may also help to support healthy immune function and response during times of seasonal threats.*
- Lavender synergistically helps to soothe and calm the nervous system.*
- It can be particularly calming and support healthy moods during menstruation and menopause.
- Lavender promotes feelings of vitality.
- It can reduce anxious feelings, even when the ability to smell aromas has been lost.
- When diluted and massaged on the abdomen of infants or when added to bath water, Lavender can promote calming and soothing feelings.
- This essential oil evokes positive feelings of self-awareness.
- It is helpful to diffuse when trying to stay on task.
- Lavender subjectively improves work environments.
- It promotes feelings of clear breathing and open airways.
Lavender is truly one of our favorites and a favorite on millions of customers.
* statements have been evaluated by the FDA. But projects are not intended to diagnose, treat, curve, or prevent disease
Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas.
Statements with asterisks refer to internal use. All others refer to aromatic or topical use.
Our preferred choice in Lavender oils are directly from the wholesale provider and producer of the oil. No middle men and direct guarantees from the company to ensure quality, efficacy and potency. If you would like to learn more about our journey and the oils and supplements which have transformed our lives, please visit our site HERE