Lemon essential oil is cold-pressed from the rind while lemon juice comes from the pulp, resulting in two very dissimilar substances with unrelated properties. Chemically, Lemon essential oil is very high in limonene, much more so than lemon juice. In particular, the high concentration of limonene is why Lemon essential oils is so cleansing and can aid in digestive and respiratory function when consumed.
Essential oils are also highly concentrated; even if the substances were identical in makeup, it would take a large amount of fresh lemon juice to match the potency of two drops of Lemon essential oil in water. Finally, Lemon essential oil may also be easier to ingest for those with sensitive stomachs because it does not contain citric acid, the component of lemon juice that makes it sour. Perfectly said by Dr. David K. Hill, DC.
Benefits of Lemon essential oil:
- Cleanses and purifies the air and surfaces.
- Naturally cleanses the body and aids in digestion.
- Supports healthy respiratory function.
- It may help with seasonal respiratory discomfort.*
- Diffuse to promote a positive mood.
- Take internally to assist with seasonal respiratory discomfort (add Peppermint and Lavender along with Lemon in a gel capsule, 1 drop each).
- Add Lemon oil to a glass spray bottle of water to clean tables, counter tops, and other surfaces.
- Lemon oil makes a great furniture polish; simply add a few drops to olive oil to clean, protect, and shine wood finishes. (add a few drops of Arborvitae).
- Use a cloth soaked in Lemon oil to preserve and protect your leather furniture and other leather surfaces or garments.
- Lemon oil is a great remedy for the early stages of tarnish on silver and other metals.
- Put on a rag to help remove stubborn, sticky residue on surfaces.
- Wash hands in Lemon oil to remove grease from your hands after changing your oil.
- Add Lemon to enhance the flavor of desserts and main dishes.
- It promotes healthy functioning of the GI tract.*
- Use Lemon essential oil in an oral rinse to soothe the mouth and throat.
This is one of our favorite oils and I have several bottles around the house.
We hope you enjoy the lemon oil from doTERRA as much as we do, is just so amazing.
Be Healthy, Happy, and Strong!
If you would like more Information Please Complete the following:
References and Resources: