Lime – Citrus aurantifolia
Known for its distinct aroma and taste, Lime provides cleansing benefits when taken internally or used topically—making it the perfect oil for purifying skin and surfaces.*
For some time, lime was used as a remedy for dyspepsia with glycerin of pepsin. It was often used in place of lemon for fevers, infections, sore throats, colds, etc.
Other Possible Uses
This oil may be beneficial for anxiety, blood pressure, soothing broken capillaries, dissolving cellulite, improving clarity of thought, debility, energy, gallstones, hair (cleansing), promoting leukocyte formation, liver deficiencies in children, lymphatic system cleansing, memory improvement, nails (strengthening), nervous conditions, cleaning children’s skin, sore throats, water and air purification, and promoting a sense of well-being. It works extremely well in removing gum, wood stain, oil, and grease spots. It may also help brighten a pale, dull complexion by removing the dead skin cells. Lime oil is capable of tightening skin and connective tissue.
Lime Oil Uses and Benefits
- Known for its purifying properties, Lime essential oil is often used as an internal cleanser.* Lime oil may also support healthy immune function.* When you want to reap these internal benefits, consider adding a drop or two of Lime oil to your water glass or water bottle to enhance the flavor and provide antioxidant support.* If you want a flavorful drink that isn’t soda or full of sugar, you can also place a drop of Lemon and a drop of Lime oil in your water for a refreshing, sweet flavor. But only a drop or two!! A little goes a long way!!!
- Looking to add flavor to a side dish? You can always add a drop of Lime essential oil to give it an extra punch of flavor. Lime oil is also a delicious addition to starchy foods like corn or potatoes, a drop to your beer or cocktail or salsa or side dish…
- Not only does Lime essential oil taste sweet, it also has a tart, citrus scent as well. This aroma is perfect for when you want to brighten a room or make your home/home away from home clean or fresh. To utilize the smell of Lime oil around your house, try our Spring Fling Room Spray DIY. Simply combine Lemon, Grapefruit, and Lime oil with distilled water into a glass spray bottle and spray the concoction around your home or any area that could use a more cheerful scent.
- If you are a fan of fruity or sweet drinks, Lime oil is your new best friend. Lime essential oil will add a tart, naturally sweet flavor to your favorite slushies, smoothies, or drinks includingcocktails.
- While the cleansing properties of Lime essential oil can be helpful for internal cleansing* or cleaning the house, you can also use Lime oil to help purify the skin and hair. Consider adding one or two drops of Lime essential oil to your face wash or shampoo to yield the benefits of added cleansing properties. To use Lime oil for hair, just combine with a few drops of Melaleuca and give yourself a scalp massage in the shower. When you want to use Lime essential oil for skin, try our Ginger Lime Brown Sugar Scrub. You can easily make this facial scrub at home, and it will leave your skin softer and more exfoliated.
- Because it has such a unique and stimulating scent, there are many benefits that come from diffusing Lime essential oil. The refreshing properties of Lime oil can positively affect mood when diffused. Lime oil can also promote well-being and emotional balance, so it is a good idea to diffuse Lime on days when you need to center and balance your emotions, or if you aren’t feeling your best. While diffusing Lime oil can help lift your mood, you can also diffuse this oil when you simply want to cleanse the air in your kitchen, bedroom, office, or entire home.
- Like Lemon oil, doTERRA Lime essential oil comes in handy for cleaning. There are countless ways to use Lime oil for cleaning, whether you want to get rid of a sticky mess, clean your countertops, or purify your hands. Citrus oils are also wonderful at cleaning leather!When you are left with a sticky, goopy, or greasy mess, you can use Lime essential oil to remove grease spots or residue left behind. Simply place a few drops of Lime oil on the spot or a cotton cloth and rub down the area until the residue or spot is gone. At home, to keep your dishes extra clean (and smelling lovely), try our DIY Dish Soap, which uses Lime, Lemon, and Citrus Bliss® essential oil.
Open Road Essential because:
- cleans air
- freshens water
- cleans surfaces
- cleans leather
- face toner
- adds flavor without adding salt
Would you like to learn more about the use of essential oils to support your health?
You must be logged in to post a comment.