Marjoram (Origanum majorana)
With its calming properties and positive effect on the human immune and nervous systems, Marjoram was once known as a symbol of joy and happiness in ancient cultures.*
Also known as “wintersweet” or “joy of the mountains, ” Marjoram was known to the Greeks and Romans as a symbol of happiness. Marjoram has been used in culinary dishes, imparting a unique flavor to soups, stews, dressings, and sauces: in Germany, this herb is known as the “Goose Herb” for its traditional use in roasting geese. In modern applications, Marjoram is valued for its calming properties and its positive effect on the nervous system.* It also supports both healthy cardiovascular and immune systems.*
- Apply to the back of the neck to lessen feelings of stress.*
- Apply to a fussy child’s feet prior to a nap.
- Replace Marjoram essential oil in your next recipe that calls for dried Marjoram. Usually 1 drop of essential oil is equivalent to 2 tsp. of dried herbs.
- Apply to muscles before and after exercising.
Directions for Use
Diffusion: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of your choice.
Internal use: Dilute one drop in 4 fl. oz. of liquid.
Topical use: Apply one to two drops to desired area. Dilute with doTERRA Fractionated Coconut Oil to minimize any skin sensitivity.
- Valued for its calming properties and positive effect on the nervous system*
- Supports a healthy immune system*
- May promote a healthy cardiovascular system*
Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas.
Our preferred choice in Essential oils are directly from the wholesale provider and producer of the oil. Exclusive partnership relationships with generations of harvesters and growers and a company who’s integrity and caring are second to none. A Customer Service department with caring commitment to quality control and support of their customer base and direct guarantees from the company to ensure quality, efficacy and potency. If you would like to learn more about our personal choice and journey with the oils and supplements which have transformed our lives, please visit our site HERE