Also known as Indian geranium, Palmarosa essential oil has a rose-like scent that makes it a beautiful addition to your essential oil collection. Like Rose, it is an essential oil known for its natural skin benefits.
- Diffuse to create a welcoming atmosphere.
- Dilute in a carrier oil as part of a relaxing massage.
- Add two drops to a soothing Epsom salt bath.
- Combine with your favorite doTERRA facial cleanser to support youthful-looking skin.
Where Does Palmarosa Essential Oil Come From?
doTERRA sources pure Palmarosa oil from Nepal. Native to Southeast Asia, the grass grows well thanks to the humid, wetland environment. It is harvested by steam distilling the leaves and stems of the grass, which produces a clear or pale-yellow oil.
What Is Palmarosa Essential Oil Good For?
Palmarosa is high in geraniol, which is known for its powerful skin benefits. This makes it an ideal oil to incorporate as part of your skincare routine. When added to your favorite doTERRA skincare product line, Palmarosa essential oil can promote and support healthy- and youthful-looking skin.
Palmarosa oil is used to treat skin problems like eczema psoriasis, as well as boils, abscesses and acne, as well. Animals may also benefit from this gentle plant oil. Specifically, dog skin disorders and horse skin fungus and dermatitis are just some animal skin conditions palmarosa oil can help.
The main chemical consituents found in palmarosa essential oil are myrcene, linalool, geraniol, geranyl acetate, dipentene, and limonene. Geraniol, the most predominant of these compounds, makes up 70 to 80 percent of the oil.. it is a monoterpenoid, which functions to correct miswritten information in cellular memory. This compound helps stimulate cell growth which, in turn, repairs damaged DNA. Palmarosa oil also owes its rosy fragrance to this chemical compound.
Palmarosa oil is well-known for its hydrating properties, and can assist in preventing inflammation ad quelling dehydration. It also balances the sebum or oil production of your skin, aids in the healing of cuts and vruises, and helps remedy acne breakouts.
Palmarrosa oils health benefits are also often attributed to its antiseptic and antimicrobial propertis in on study that tested the antibacterial activity for four types of essential oil…palmarosa, evening primrose, lavender, and tuberrose… researchers found that palmarosa essential oil was the most effective again gram positive Eschericia coli and gram-negative Staphylococcus aureus speacies of bactiera.
Other research showed the essential oils efficacy against the strain of yeast called Saccharomyces cerevisiae. It was suggested that this effect was due to palmarosa’s geranial conten. It was also found that exposure to the oil led to changes in the pomposition of the yeast cell membrane, with increased saturate fat and reduced unsaturated fat.
Palmarosa oil can also serve as an antiviral agent, especially when blended with other virus-fighting oils like star anise oil or ravensara oil.. The oil can also protect wounds from infection with its function as an antiseptic. When taken internally, palmarosa oil can suppress bacterial growth in your urinary tract .
PALMAROSA PRODUCT USES AND BENEFITS
- Diffusing Palmarosa into the air will fill any room with a pleasant and welcoming aroma. Beautify your favorite space starting with each breath you take. You’ll love this luxurious floral fragrance, reminiscent of favorites like Geranium and Rose but with uniquely sweet notes.
- Enhance your skincare routine by adding a few drops of Palmarosa essential oil to your regular cleanser or moisturizer. Not only will this leave you smelling bright and clean, but the oil itself can help balance moisture levels and leave your skin looking toned and healthy.
- Add a few drops of Palmarosa essential oil to your bathwater to immerse yourself completely in a relaxing aromatic experience.
- A couple drops of Palmarosa with a carrier oil can give a soothing massage a whole new dimension. Let the bright floral scent engage your senses while working the tension from your muscles.
- Use with a reed diffuser or add a drop to an unscented candle to give any space an inviting, romantic atmosphere.
400 farmers participate in the production process of doTERRA Palmarosa essential oil. Of those farmers, 80% are women!
Palmarosa essential oil comes from a tall, herbaceous grass. This perennial thrives in humid tropical or wetland conditions. doTERRA sources Palmarosa essential oil from the eastern plains of Nepal, though it is originally native to India and even carries the nickname “Indian geranium.” The grass can grow to be up to ten feet tall and requires abundant sunshine to grow. Once harvested, the grass is then dried and steam distilled to create a fresh, clear-to-pale-yellow essential oil.
OILS THAT BLEND WELL WITH PALMAROSA
Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas. For external use only.