These are a delicious and Protein packed option for the bike or road trip!
Finding healthy snacks is no easy task. Grocery store shelves are full of snacks that claim to be “healthy”, but they can still be extremely processed or even contain unhealthy ingredients. The easiest way to get healthy snacks that you actually enjoy is to make your own!
These almond and cranberry protein bars provide a simple, tasty way to fill your belly between meals. With doTERRA Vanilla Protein , Cinnamon oil, and other healthy ingredients (like cranberries, nuts, and oats), this will quickly become your new favorite snack.
Almond Cranberry Protein Bars Recipe
2 cups oats (these are super affordable and delicious from Amazon)
½ cup raw sunflower seeds (or this seed mix from Yupik on Amazon)
1 cup raw almonds, roughly chopped (I also like to use cocoa coated almonds)
1 cup doTERRA Vanilla Protein
¼ cup dried cranberries
¼ cup preferred sweetener (try honey, maple syrup, or agave nectar)
¼ cup unsweetened apple sauce
1 teaspoon vanilla
Pinch of sea salt (optional or you can sprinkle with sea salt before you set them to refrigerate)
1–2 drops Cinnamon essential oil
- Combine the dry ingredients in a bowl and stir.
- In a small pot, combine the wet ingredients and gently warm on the stove until well combined (normally about two minutes).
- Add the wet ingredients to the bowl of dry ingredients and stir to combine.
- Place baking paper into a rectangle pan (OR) you can use can use one of these silicone mold for protein bars that I love to use from Amazon!
- Add the mixture on top of the baking paper and flatten down, pressing to the edge of the pan.
- Refrigerate for an hour to set, then remove and cut into bars and store them in the fridge until you’re ready to eat. If using the molds… be sure to refrigerate to set form and them pop them out of their forms and store in a airtight container.
Herbalist, Phyto/Aromatherapist & Wellness Advocate. Trained Massage Therapist
Owner/Admin of OpenRoadEssentials.com and Crunchy Biker Clubhouse and Healthy Happy Strong Tribe on Facebook
You must be logged in to post a comment.