Those who know me understand the kitchen is NOT my favorite room in the house. You will always find me in the workshop or studio. But when it comes to yummy comfort food and essential oils… Look Out!!
This recipe was Submitted by Colleen E. Garrigan, California. She says, “I make these cookies for every class. Everyone loves them and asks for the recipe!”
We made this recipe just today prior to our Watch Party for the convention and the Studio Smells Amazing!!!
Enjoyed with a cup of tea or coffee… and these are sure to please!
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- ½ cup non hydrogenated vegetable shortening
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 drops Cinnamon Bark oil
- 2 drops Ginger oil
- 1 drop Clove oil
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup oat flour (see Tip below)
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Optional: 1 cup pumpkin seeds
Tip: Make your own oat flour by tossing oats in a food processor or blender ahead of time and store in an airtight container.
- Reduce pumpkin by placing in a saucepan over medium heat for 30–45 minutes. Stir often until pumpkin has reduced to ½ cup. Set aside to cool.
- Cream together shortening and sugars until light and fluffy. Mix in cooled pumpkin, vanilla, and oils.
- Sift remaining dry ingredients. Mix until combined.
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Roll rounded teaspoonfuls of dough into balls. Place onto baking sheets. Flatten tops with a spoon. Arrange a few pumpkin seeds in the center as garnish.
- Bake 10–12 minutes. Let stand on cookie sheet for two minutes before removing to cool on wire racks.
This pumpkin cookie recipe is the perfect thing to welcome in fall!
WOULD YOU LIKE TO PRINT OUR A COPY OF THIS RECIPE!? …just click below to get a printable version for this recipe: CLICK HERE
If you would like to learn more about essential oils or purchase them at wholesale pricing I recommend only doTERRA Essential oils. Please consider joining our community to learn more and for unlimited support on how to use the oils and products for your family. LEARN MORE HERE
Massage Therapist, Phyto/Aromatherapist & dōTERRA Wellness Advocate
Header Photo Credit to Jill Winger at Prairie Homestead https://www.theprairiehomestead.com/