Formulated to soothe and cool, doTERRA Deep Blue serves as an enriching blend of oils perfect for a massage after a long day or an intense workout.
doTERRA Deep Blue is perfect for a soothing massage after a long day of work. Wintergreen, Camphor, Peppermint, Ylang Ylang, Helichrysum, Blue Tansy, Blue Chamomile, and Osmanthus work together to soothe and cool. After long hours on the computer, try rubbing Deep Blue proprietary blend on your fingers, wrists, shoulders, and neck. A few drops of Deep Blue Soothing Blend diluted in Fractionated Coconut Oil can be part of a cooling and comforting massage.
- Apply on feet and knees before and after exercise.
- Massage Deep Blue with a few drops of carrier oil onto growing kids’ legs before bedtime.
- Rub Deep Blue on lower back muscles after a day of heavy lifting at work or during a move.
Directions for Use
Topical use: Apply to desired area. Dilute with doTERRA Fractionated Coconut Oil to minimize any skin sensitivity.
- Soothing and cooling oil blend
- Comforting part of a massage
Wintergreen, Camphor, Peppermint, Ylang Ylang, Helichrysum, Blue Tansy, Blue Chamomile, and Osmanthus
Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas.
Ever felt physically exhausted? Whether you are pushing it and working out in the gym or you work a physically active job, we all can have one of those days, and some more than others. If you’re in shape or in good balanced health a good nights rest and you are ready to go, but for a normal person, intense effort and physical activity takes it’s toll.
The doTERRA Deep Blue essential oil blend is meant to soothe all that resulting physical pain and discomfort.
This article is an in-depth review of the product (and line).
You’ll get to read about:
- What are the ingredients and how do they impact health and well-being.
- Benefits and uses of this blend.
- Deep Blue testimonies
- Side effects and safety tips for the blend. (may be sensitive to some people)
- How to use the blend for maximum benefits.
- Other Deep Blue products from doTERRA.
doTERRA Deep Blue Essential Oil Uses & Benefits and Reviews
Soothing and cooling, essential oils are known to be able to relieve muscle tension and pain. Our daily lives require movement, whether it’s walking, running, typing or lifting.
Even if you’re not an athlete, every now and then, you might still get the occasional physical discomfort. Any sort of movement would do better with a relaxing Aromatherapy massage.
The Deep Blue Soothing Blend is meant to help with all the physical effort you make daily. For that to happen, doTERRA blended 8 essential oils in one 5 ml bottle. Let’s see how these oils can help you feel better.
What is in doTERRA Deep Blue? Here are its ingredients and their beneficial effects:
Wintergreen essential oil (Gaultheria procumbens/fragrantissima) – This plant extract is a very rich source of methyl salicylate. It is a molecule that acts just like aspirin. Thus, the oil has very good anti-inflammatory and pain relieving effects. Wintergreen is also antispasmodic and circulatory. This means it can calm down muscle spasms and improve blood circulation.
Camphor essential oil (Cinnamomum camphora) – The oil contains high amounts of camphor and 1,8 cineole. They make it a strong disinfectant, but they can also relieve pain and inflammation. Wintergreen and Camphor are both cooling. Camphor oil can also stimulate and improve the activity of the cardio-respiratory system. The oil has been used for muscle spasms and rheumatism for a long time.
Peppermint essential oil (Mentha piperita) – This essence is already well-known for its cooling and numbing sensation. This sensation is especially welcome after an intense workout or physical effort. Peppermint is antispasmodic, tonic and stimulant. It can also prevent viral infections and improve digestion.
Ylang – Ylang essential oil (Cananga odorata) – The oil of Ylang Ylang is known to contain a bit of methyl salicylates too. (Salicylates are a group of chemicals derived from salicylic acid. They are found naturally in certain foods and also synthetically produced for use in products like aspirin, toothpaste and food preservatives.) It also has a beautiful, floral scent. Research shows that Ylang Ylang can lower blood pressure.
Blue Tansy essential oil (Tanacetum annuum) – Recognized for its anti-histamine effects, Blue Tansy is great at soothing histamine reactions. That action is possible because of its anti-inflammatory effects. Blue Tansy is a very good calming and sedating oil. It relaxes the nervous system and strengthens the blood vessels.
Blue Chamomile essential oil (Matricaria recutita or German Chamomile) – German Chamomile is also great for allergies and inflammations. It improves the blood circulation and soothes muscle cramps and contractions. It can also protect from infections.
Helichrysum essential oil(Helichrysum italicum) – This oil is an excellent ingredient for blood circulation. It can prevent hematomas in the injured tissue as it is a natural blood coagulant, and can also soothe sprains. It is a great draining and anti-inflammatory essential oil.
Osmanthus flower absolute (Osmanthus fragrans) – A prized essence in perfume making. It is a fruity but it’s not overpowering. This pleasant smell can help relax the nervous system.
This is a very complete and complex combination of oils with properties to help the swollen and overworked muscles offering relief to the discomfort and mild pain.
When you work out or you move/carry things, your body is under strain. The muscles contract and hormones are released to help the body face that strain. Sustained effort can cause the muscles to stretch and the fibers to break. Soreness then occurs because of inflammation.
doTERRA Deep Blue Uses and Benefits
doTERRA Deep Blue Soothing Blend can ease all those symptoms. It can do so because of its ingredients, which are all anti-inflammatory and analgesic. Their cooling sensation can calm down the heat of the inflammation, among others.
This soothing blend can be used to:
- Prevent muscle strains and tears.
- Cool off exhausted muscles.
- Relieve different body aches (back, joints, knees, etc.).
- Relax the body by relieving tension and the mind by affecting the nervous system.
- Prevent viral infections, thanks to its antibacterial and antiviral properties.
- Give the immune system a boost.
- Improve breathing.
Safety Note: There are, of course, limits to how much and how often you can use this blend. I’ll talk more about this subject after the reviews and where to buy the oil blend.
doTERRA Deep Blue Soothing Blend Reviews
Most people who’ve used the oil were happy with it. They liked the smell of the doTERRA Soothing Blend. They also noticed some pain relief upon application.
Depending on the pain level, one might feel a complete or partial relief. These results may also be influenced by the dosage you use.
About 80% of Deep Blue users have had good results with the blend. There were a few others who still had complaints. Those complaints, however, were more related to the way the bottle looked than anything else.
For some reason, doTERRA chose to change the cap of this particular 5 ml bottle. Because of that, people thought they received an adulterated product. Well, that is not the case. The product looks just like the one in the picture below.
Some people also thought that the oil blend was not pure because of its blue color. The blend is called Deep Blue because it is blue. The color comes from 2 different essential oils: Blue Tansy and German Chamomile. And even though Tansy has a yellow flower when distilled the chemical properties of the oil turns it blue in color. There are other oils like Yarrow that have a similar chemical response. The blue color is a good thing. Very high in anti-oxidants, a good rule is the bluer the better.
The doTERRA Deep Blue reviews are mostly good and encouraging. It’s a good sign when trying to find natural relief for your overworked muscles.
Where to Buy a doTERRA Deep Blue Essential Oil Blend
There are only two trusted ways to buy:
Retail: from an doTERRA certified site
Wholesale: your Personal Direct Account created with the support of a doTERRA Wellness Advocate
Product will cost less and will be guaranteed by doTERRA.
HOW ABOUT AMAZON: If you buy it off of Amazon when you receive the oil blend, you must make sure:
- The bottle cap is sealed.
- There’s nothing sticky around its mouth after opening. This is a sign of oxidation.
- There are no sediments on the bottom of the blend.
- The label looks like it should.
- The smell should also be characteristic to the blend’s ingredients.
- If you sense something off, you’d better send it back or not use it.
- PRODUCT GUARANTEE from doTERRA not available if purchased from Amazon
doTERRA Deep Blue Blend:
Side Effects, How to Use and Other Deep Blue Products
When it comes to safety, not even essential oils make an exception. Of course, they are so popular because they have fewer side effects than drugs. However, taken internally, or used in high amounts and for long periods of time, some oils can prove toxic.
Pregnant and breastfeeding women should not use Deep Blue Soothing Blend oil without their doctor’s approval. The oil molecules are microscopic and can enter the placenta. Or it can be expelled from the mother’s body through milk.
FALSE SIDE EFFECT: The presence of methyl salicylates (Wintergreen & Ylang Ylang) can cause cardiac problems. Thus, if you’re on heart medication or anticoagulants, you must avoid this blend. …. NOT TRUE ==>> My 80 year old mother-in-law has a heart condition, she takes coumadin daily with her heart valve and for the past 2 years (as of Feb. 2019) has experience a better quality of life for her joint pain from not only using the Deep Blue Blend, but the Soothing Blend lotion and the Deep Blue Complex capsules. She no longer takes any Tylenol. Hallelujah!
FALSE SIDE EFFECT: People with low blood pressure or prone to seizures should also avoid Deep Blue. NOT TRUE ==>> Again in monitoring her heart condition over the past 5 years low blood pressure was not impacted by the use of the Deep Blue products. In contrast her blood pressure was better regulated and the soothing effect of the blend and respiratory and uplifting effect of the peppermint oil helps promotes an active lifestyle and enhanced mood.
FALSE SIDE EFFECT: Those that also suffer from allergies and/or asthma should consult their doctor first. There are a few aromatic oils that could cause serious problems. For example Peppermint, Blue Tansy, and Wintergreen. NOT TRUE ==>> Our family has respiratory allergies and peppermint in particular is one of the three oils which has help eliminate the need for over-the-counter antihistamines. And the anti-oxidant effect of Blue Tansy makes it highly unlikely to trigger an histamine response. Wintergreen although smells delicious, is not an oil to ever be ingested and should be use with proper dilution. doTERRA’s blend and Soothing Rub is blended by doTERRA with just the right amount of each.
THE ONLY COMPLAINT OR CAUTION IN MY RESEARCH: The strong smell of Camphor may be strong for some peoples liking at first. Application to the bottoms of the feet, the use of the oil, or taking the Deep Blue Complex complex capsules internally provide alternative delivery systems for this beneficial blend.
The doTERRA Deep Blue uses are many and it can be used safely. It’s safe as long as you’ll follow these few safety guidelines.
How to Use Deep Blue Blend
This oil come in a undiluted 5ml bottle, an undiluted 10ml roller-ball bottle, and a diluted 10ml roller-ball bottle labled Deep Blue Touch.
For muscle soreness it is recommended to dilute or use the Deep Blue Touch for proper absorption and limited evaporation. For joint pain, the oil can be applied directly, but remember that the use of a carrier oil will always aide in minimizing evaporation and so the full benefit of the oil can be absorbed. Some of the best anti-inflammatory carrier (vegetable) oils are:
- Coconut Oil
- Fractionated Coconut Oil
That being said, you can use the Deep Blue essential oil blend in:
- Massages – Mix 6 – 12 drops of Deep Blue oil blend with an ounce of carrier. Massage the affected area and keep it very warm. Warmth opens up the pores and allows the oils to absorb into the skin faster. Heat is also analgesic, meaning it helps take the pain away.
- Diffusion – Add a few drops of doTERRA Deep Blue to your Aromatherapy diffuser. The amount should vary depending on how large the room is. Usually between 5 and 10 drops should be enough for a moderate to a large room. Air diffusions should not last longer than 30 minutes. The best way to enjoy the scent and benefits of Aromatherapy is to diffuse every 2 hours in well-ventilated rooms. Otherwise, the air can get saturated and lead to headaches and/or nausea. There are some studies that show how 60+ minutes of inhalation cause opposite effects.
- SPA baths – Mix 10 – 15 drops of Deep Blue blend with a cup of salt. It can be Epsom or it can be Himalayan (pink), sea or Mediterranean. Add it to hot bathwater, soak in and inhale deeply.
Now you know how to use doTERRA Deep Blue essential oil blend.
Safety Note: Like anything… Any oil should not be used for ever or for long periods of time. A good balance of treatment protocols, proper nutrition, vitamin and minerals, proper hydration and a restful restorative sleep will be the best in the long term.
Luckily, this blend of essential oils can help you make your own massage oil. For that, you can use any type of carrier oil and perhaps even add another drop or two of other essences. Here’s a simple recipe, if you want to try it.
Deep Blue Essential Oil Roll On Recipe
- doTERRA Deep Blue Soothing blend: 10 drops
- Cypress essential oil: 5 drops
- Lemon essential oil: 5 drops
- Tamanu oil: 1 Oz (30ml)
Give the blend a good shake before each use. You can store it in plastic containers too. The essential oils are too diluted to be able to damage the plastic.
Apply a few drops on the affected area, and massage.
Other doTERRA Deep Blue Products
Deep Blue is the name of an essential oil blend. But it is also the name of a whole line of products. The blend is a very successful product. It’s why it has been made into roll-ons, rubs, and sensitive skin friendly blends.
The purpose of this line is to enhance the effects of the blend. But these other Deep Blue products have been made for easier access and comfort.
doTERRA Deep Blue Rub
– This is a topical cream, formulated with essential oils found in the Soothing Blend. It contains some additional oils like Cinnamon, Eucalyptus, Almond oil and Aloe. It’s ready-made, therefore the blend is easier to use and apply. Being a cream, its texture will obviously be different than the Deep Blue blend. The doTERRA Deep Blue Rub reviews are all positive. More than 80% of users are happy with it and recommend it for daily use.
doTERRA Deep Blue Touch
– This is also a ready-made essential oil blend, for a more comfortable use. It is destined for people with more sensitive skin. It contains the same essential oils as those of the essential oil blend. These essences are mixed with Fractionated Coconut oil. Deep Blue Touch offers the same cooling and soothing sensation.
doTERRA Deep Blue Roll-On
– This is basically Deep Blue essential oil blend in a larger bottle. It just has a roller-ball applicator. All its ingredients are mixed in a dark colored 10 ml (0.33 Oz) bottle. doTERRA suggests applying it directly on painful areas. I don’t agree though, as the blend is much too concentrated. It can irritate the skin, or even sensitize or burn it. The best way of using this Deep Blue roll-on is to first apply the carrier on the affected area. Then rub some of the roll-on blend on it.
doTERRA Deep Blue Polyphenol Complex
– This product represents the ingestible part of the Deep Blue products. It contains polyphenol extracts that have the role to support aching muscles. Polyphenols are known to have powerful antioxidant and anti-inflammatory effects. Frankincense, turmeric, ginger, green tea, grapes, and pomegranate are all great at this job. Any herbal supplements should only be taken after consulting with a doctor to avoid any contraindications with a prescribed medication.
It would be more comfortable to use ready-made blends, but it is just as easy to make one yourself. You only need the initial Deep Blue Soothing Essential Oil Blend. You can mix it with any carrier you have at hand and you’re ready to go.
The benefits and uses of the Deep Blue essential oil blend are all related to aches and pains. Luckily, the ingredients in Deep Blue are known to have pain killing effects. Most people who’ve also tried the blend could see improvement. All that’s left is to simply give it a try if it sounds good to you.
Our Preferred choice in Essential oils are directly from the wholesale provider and producer of the products. Exclusive partnership relationships with generations of harvesters and growers and a company who’s integrity and caring are second to non. A Customer Service department with caring commitment to quality control and support of their customer base and direct guarantees from the company to ensure quality, efficacy and potency. If you would like to learn more about our journey and the oils and supplements which have transformed our lives, please visit our site HERE
– Jennifer Knourek, Silver Wellness Advocate #2923893