How to Avoid toxins should be something we educate our children about in schools.
From birth, the human body is designed to protect against and remove as many toxins as possible. Toxins are all around us—in the food we eat, the air we breathe, the chemicals we clean with.
So what does “Toxic load” mean? This refers to the volume of toxic substances that have been accumulated in the body at any given time and the overall burden it places on the body systems and vital organs.
Minimizing exposure to potentially harmful chemicals on a daily basis is the most effective method for limiting toxic load.
Where do toxins come from?
Toxins come from countless sources, many of which we are not even aware of. Environmental threats, chemicals, and radiation are three of the most common categories. The three most common pathways of exposure are the lungs, the digestive tract, and the skin.
We are directly exposed to toxins through the air we breathe, the food we eat, and anything that contacts our skin.
How to reduce toxic load
You might have wondered, “What are some ways that I can reduce my toxic load in my everyday life?”
Lifestyle habits such as exercising and eating right will help tremendously with decreasing toxic load. Reducing stress will aid our system in coping with the toxins in our bodies and stepping outside to take in some daily sunshine or UV light can also benefit us.
However, there are some additional ways you can reduce your exposure to toxins.
Tips to Avoid Toxins
- Clean out under your sink; replace traditional cleaning products with doTERRA On Guard Cleaner Concentrate
- Use natural personal care products when possible, such as the Verage® skin care line
- Keep your air fresh and clean by diffusing essential oils like doTERRA On Guard® and Lemon
- Eat whole foods and decrease the amount of processed foods in your diet
As you learn more about ingredients found in the products you use every day, you will be better able to make healthier decisions when selecting the best home cleaning and personal care products.
Do it Yourself
- 1 roll premium paper towels
- 2 cups warm water
- 2 tablespoons Fractionated Coconut Oil
- 3 drops doTERRA On Guard® Protective Blend
- 1–2 tablespoons doTERRA On Guard® Foaming Hand Wash
- Cut paper towel in half widthwise with serrated or electric knife. Use half the roll now and half later.
- Combine water, Fractionated Coconut Oil, essential oils, and On Guard Foaming Hand Wash in a small bowl.
- Pour mixture over paper towels and cover with airtight lid. Let mixture absorb for 10 minutes.
- Turn container over and let sit for another 10 minutes.
- Remove and discard cardboard tube. Pull wipes from center of the roll when ready to use.
Avoid Toxins with this easy All-Purpose Lemon Cleaner
- 5–10 drops Lemon oil
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup vinegar
- Combine all ingredients in a glass container and mix well.
- Spray on the surface you wish to clean and wipe off with a clean cloth.
Avoid Toxins with this Natural Oven Cleaner
- ½ cup baking soda
- 1 tablespoon coarse salt
- ¼ cup liquid dish soap (you can use up some of the liquid detergent soap you will be ditching)
- 5 drops Lemon essential oil or OnGuard blend
- Combine ingredients to make a thick paste
- Apply a generous layer to the inside of the oven and allow to sit for several hours.
- Clean out with a sponge.
I hope you have found this helpful! Be Healthy, Happy, and Strong!
Massage Therapist, Herbalist, Phyto/Aromatherapist & dōTERRA Wellness Advocate
Owner/Admin of OpenRoadEssentialOils.com and Crunchy Biker Club on Facebook